Call for signatories for J2

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 03:12:08 EDT 2004

Uhm... the choice between @ and J2 is tough for me. "@" is somewhat
less intrusive (I automatically ignore it, look at the function body
and then go back at the decorator) whereas J2 focus too much the
attention on the using clause. This is probably because it reminds
me a try: except: block, where the attention is focused on the try:
part. It is probably matter of time to get used to it.

OTOH I think that J2 is more consistent with the rest of Python and
it avoids the introduction of the pie sign which conflicts with Leo
and IPython, so there are strong arguments in its favor.

Conclusion: I would be happy both with "@" and J2 (or even with
"|" instead of "@"). However, the work done by Robert Brewer and
Micheal Sparks is impressive and deserve to be supported, so
count me as a mild "FOR" ;)

   Michele Simionato