Thread for a newbie

JDevine justin__devine at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 10 10:42:57 EDT 2004

Hi.  I have just finished my first python program. Unfortunately
threading has me stumped.  I think this is mostly because the
wx.thread example demo is very complex, with all the grahphics,
graphs, and draw functions.  I want to do something very simple.  My
program downloads files over HTTP, I want to instantiate a process
dialog that tracks the download.  I already have access to the
expected size of each file through other functions in my program, I
also assume an os.foo is capable of getting the current size as the
file grows as it is downloaded.  My issue is keeping the file
downloading WHILE it is being tracked by the process dialog.  Please
help with any simple thread examples you might have, if this example
includes a dialog even better.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Justin
Justin__Devine at hotmail.com thanks