Upgrading to 2.3 from 2.2, questions

Robert Oschler no-mail-please at nospam.com
Mon Aug 30 17:10:20 EDT 2004

Hello,

(Note: if there is a FAQ that covers this issue just give me the URL.  I
checked python.org's General and Windows FAQ's and didn't see anything.)

I am about to upgrade from Python 2.2 to 2.3.  Here are a few questions:

- Do I need to uninstall 2.2 first?
- Are there any paths I should add to my Win 2k PATH environment variable?
- I am running on Windows 2000 and I have several site-packages installed.
These were installed using individual one-click installation programs (thank
you module writers).  Do I need to rerun each of the installations again,
after I upgrade?  Or, is there a directory or two I can simply copy over?
- Anything I should do before upgrading to preserve my current setup, or
other caveats?

Thanks.