age of Python programmers

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Wed Aug 18 16:00:47 EDT 2004

I'm 35, and have been programming off and on (more off than on) since I
was about 11.

First program was in Basic on a TRS-80, quickly moved on to Apple //e;
didn't program at all in high school, took a "programming for engineers"
course in college (Basic & Fortran), then after college decided to teach
myself C.  Another break of some years before I bought myself a (used)
386 PC, and resumed dabbling in C, then C++.  At this point (about 8
years ago) I became hooked, and started devouring all the programming
and software engineering/design books I could get from the library.
Once my job started including coding (mostly [Pick] Basic & UHL, a
proprietary [and horribly ugly & evil] scripting language), I decided to
pick up Python (based largely on a Dr. Dobbs Journal Programmer of the
Year award to Gvr, and the article about him and Python they published
then) and never want to look back. :)

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International