Editors again

Franz Steinhaeusler franz.steinhaeusler at utanet.at
Wed Aug 18 09:57:20 EDT 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 00:18:52 +0200, Ivan Voras
<ivoras at __-geri.cc.fer.hr> wrote:

>Are there any editors besides IDLE that can display doc-strings[*] in
>popups? I tried SPE and DrPython, and while they are ok (better said
>'not horribly bad'), they don't seem to have that option.

Did you took a closer look to DrPython?

This feature is called CallTips in DrPython.
It is realized as plugin and you can it download from the plugin section
of downloads.

>I'd like to see in an editor:
>  - code-completion in case of functions, member variables etc.
>("intelli-sense"? :) )

there is also a plugin "AutoComplete".

>  - useful usage of doc-strings, maybe integrated python Help/Manual support

What do you mean exactly?

>  - MDI or similar style, with good navigation (this is why I don't like
>IDLE)

All open Documents can be easily reached through the notebook-tabs.

HTH
--
Franz Steinhaeusler