Logical lines of code counter

Leif K-Brooks eurleif at ecritters.biz
Sun Aug 22 23:43:25 EDT 2004

Tim Leslie wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:44:17 -0400, Leif K-Brooks <eurleif at ecritters.biz> wrote:
>
>>I got bored with working on larger projects and wrote a little
>>script/module for counting logical (not physical) lines of Python code
>>in a file or directory.
> If you want something which can do this and so much more, have a look at pylint.
>
> http://www.logilab.org/projects/pylint

Neat-looking tool, but not really usable for me. It counts physical
lines, not logical lines; it doesn't seem to have an option to
recursively scan all sub-directories and files in a directory; and it
refuses to process a file if some of the modules code wants to import
aren't importable, which is the case with mod_python code.