Printing in Python

uri bushey urbushey at sas.upenn.edu
Tue Aug 10 17:41:50 EDT 2004

So I have a tkinter based little program in Python that has a canvas
loaded with a WaveSurfer (http://www.speech.kth.se/wavesurfer/) widget.

I am trying to print the contents of the WaveSurfer canvas. Is there an
easy way to do this in Python? Also, I can pretty easily use the
WaveSurfer "print" function in my program, but taht only prints to a
PostScript printer or prints out a PostScript file.

I would like to automate the process of printing the PostScript file in
a manner that is not terribly unwieldy and as transparent to the user as
possible. Is this possible?

Thanks!