Flython

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Aug 16 00:52:46 EDT 2004

Dave Benjamin wrote:

> I just want to say, for the record, that if anyone can successfully build a
> Python compiler that can produce Flash bytecode, I will personally allow
> you to throw *any number of pies* in my face, in as public of a ceremony as
> you desire. Furthermore, I will match you 50/50 in the cost of the pies.

Why on earth (unless it's the liking pies thing or the really wanting
this to be done thing) would you say that?  Flash bytecode is pretty
straightforward, and Python's not magic.

In any case, if this is a serious challenge, you'd better start
identifying the constraints and minimum requirements, as I'm
rather positive that it's possible to encode at least *one*
Python statement (print) into Flash bytecode which would
execute properly...  shall I demonstrate for, say, one pie?

-Peter