allowing braces around suites

Igor V. Rafienko igorr at ifi.uio.no
Sat Aug 28 18:00:12 EDT 2004

[ Paul McGuire ]

[ ... ]

> In fact, you can cite examples on this argument in either direction;

I am a bit curious, what are the arguments _against_ an explicit
end-of-block marker? Does such a marker create any problems? (I know
that it solves a couple, though).

As a side note -- my last employer had absolutely horrible coding
conventions. No one liked them (developers and management included).
However, everyone had to comply, and despite an occasional nastiness,
the bug that you illustrated could not have happened in that
environment, because _every_ if was required to have its body within
braces.

[ ... ]

ivr
--