advice for perl expert wanting to learn python

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Aug 24 17:01:43 EDT 2004

In article <b16e4ef7.0408240812.1846c9f8 at posting.google.com>,
Stephen Ferg <steve at ferg.org> wrote:

>I'm surprised nobody mentioned Martin Brown's book "Perl to Python
>Migration".
>
>The reviews indicate that although it has a lot of typos it is useful.

Well, that is not a review I would make.  I think it's just a couple of
notches better than "horrible" -- I believe any Perl programmer would be
much better off with a regular Python book.

"To me vi is Zen.  To use vi is to practice zen.  Every command is a
koan.  Profound to the user, unintelligible to the uninitiated.  You
discover truth everytime you use it."  --reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com