VB-like GUI designer?

Doug Holton insert at spam.here
Mon Aug 9 11:41:14 EDT 2004

Fred wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	I'm currently checking out Python as an alternative to VB.Net
> to moving from VB, but can't find a GUI designer that is as good as
> VB.
>
> I tried wxDesigner and wxGlade, but neither lets me move the widgets
> around. I also tried Dialogblocks, but it seems to only handle C++ or
> XRC, not Python.
>
> Is this all there is, or is there a gem I missed?

QT Designer, which you can use with PyQT and PyKDE (if on Linux), is
probably most like the VB GUI builder.  But it is not free if you want
to develop Windows apps (you'd probably want to purchase the BlackAdder
version: http://www.thekompany.com/products/blackadder/ ).

But the best python GUI API on Windows is wxPython.  Check out the
demo.py that comes with it.  I don't like any of the GUI designers for
it, but I haven't really needed one.