would be nice: import from archive

Dan Perl dperl at rogers.com
Fri Aug 27 18:02:16 EDT 2004

I thought about submitting a recipe but I couldn't think of a way to use it
in a good code 'snippet'.  I am using the zipimport feature now to save
several configuration files together in a zip file (so I can have many
configurations saved in a convenient format, better than a new directory for
each configuration).  That would be more of an example for using multiple
configurations but, anyway, it doesn't make for a short, well-contained
example.  Sorry, Alex.

BTW, there are two books on Python that I keep on my Safari bookshelf:
'Python Cookbook' and 'Learning Python'.  So my jab was made will all the
respect I can muster.  I am really looking forward to the second edition,
recipe on zipimport or not.

Dan

news:1gj7a9r.g7ec5a1g89rj0N%aleaxit at yahoo.com...