100 % portable ?

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Mon Aug 23 12:04:49 EDT 2004

Roger Binns <rogerb at rogerbinns.com> wrote:
>My preferred toolkit is the wxPython wrapper around wxWidgets.
>Wherever possible it uses native widgets.   [ ... ]
>
>Just to give you some idea, in my 30,000 line program there are
>5 tests to see what platform it is running on, specifically to
>ensure appropriate defaults etc for the platform.

Sounds about right to me -- I've got about 20,000 lines of
application with six platform tests, five of which are to
work around platform-specific infelicities in wx.

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
  ___  |  "Frankly I have no feelings towards penguins one way or the other"