GUI Designer

Doug Holton insert at spam.here
Tue Aug 31 12:32:04 EDT 2004

A.M wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do we have any OpenSource GUI designer for Python ?

It depends on whether you are running Windows or Linux/Mac, and what GUI
toolkit you want to use (wxpython, qt, gtk, tkinter, windows.forms, etc.).

If you are on Linux, a good GUI builder you might try is QT Designer.
There is a Windows version, too, but you only use it for non-commercial
development.  See http://developers.coedit.net/QtKde

On Windows, wxpython is the better GUI toolkit, but I don't use any of
the GUI builders for it.

If you want to check out bleeding edge stuff, see the IronPython
(http://ironpython.com/) or boo (http://boo.codehaus.org/) languages for
.NET and Mono.  You can use the Windows.Forms or GTK# GUI toolkits.
They still aren't well integrated with GUI builders (like Glade or
Visual Studio) though.