Flython

Christopher T King squirrel at WPI.EDU
Mon Aug 16 10:46:57 EDT 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Michael Hudson wrote:

> Christopher T King <squirrel at WPI.EDU> writes:
>
> > (Unfortunately, AST trees don't match up exactly with Python grammar, so
> > I'm having to learn the format by trial-and-error.  Not much fun.  Is
> > there documentation on the AST forms anywhere?)
>
> Which AST are you talking about?

Whatever is spit out by parser.suite().  Things like grammar.txt's
"statement" being represented symbol.stmt, and grammar.txt's stmt_list not
existing at all in the AST trees (though most/all of the other _lists
exist).

> Which version of Python, etc?

2.3.  I'm using http://docs.python.org/ref/grammar.txt as my grammar
reference.

> However, the answer to the "documentation" plea is probably "no".

:(  Is there at least some rationale why the AST trees don't match the
grammar definitions?