PHP Documentation

Ben Last ben at benlast.com
Mon Aug 30 12:03:23 EDT 2004

> From Larry Bates
> Zope has such a system in place for their docs.  You can just ask
> that the comments be hidden and they disappear.  It does appear to
> provide a way to make comments, add examples clarification that
> "may" get included in the next version of the docs.
The Zope system has a couple of drawbacks: Firstly, the comments are always
downloaded as part of the web page; they're shown/hidden by JavaScript, and
on the big pages that can be quite a slow process.  That's not such a big
deal, but the second drawback is that there's no way to edit a comment once
made, so the pages have gradually filled up with junk remarks.  Those who
have the power to edit don't seem to.

A Python docs Wiki sounds like an interesting idea; I'll certainly be taking
a look at the one quoted.  Offhand, does anyone know if the license on the
Python Docs would allow them to be freely copied and used as the basis of a
Wiki?