Jython/Python and javax.swing.*

John Crichton crichton314 at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 23 07:03:12 EDT 2004

Sherrod Faulks <birded at verizon.net> wrote in message news:<2004082212534416807%birded at verizonnet>...
> I'm using Jython and in the python script I do:
>
> from javax import swing
> result = javax.swing.JOptionPane.showInputDialog(wC, cmd[8:],"Prompt
> from " + client.serverName, JOptionPane.PLAIN_MESSAGE)
>
> wC is a JFrame, cmd is a String and client.serverName is a String.
> It won't show the JOptionPane, why?

Hi Sherrod,

Having had a look at my last post after a nights sleep I'm not sure it
was very clear...

If you change your script to the following it should work:

import javax.swing as swing
result = swing.JOptionPane.showInputDialog(wC, cmd[8:],"Promptfrom " +
client.serverName, swing.JOptionPane.PLAIN_MESSAGE)

Cheers,

John