Sound file manipulation in Python

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 26 17:24:33 EDT 2004

Does anyone know of a Python library which handles sound file formats
(MP3, Ogg, FLAC are the three I'm nost interested in). I'd like
something that can manipulate "metadata" - stuff like artist, title,
album tags. I'm not critically interested in format conversion, or
playing sound files - I can handle that with other applications.

I'm using Windows, and Python 2.3, if it matters (as it might for C
extensions).

I can manage with just reading the metadata, but ideally writing
would be useful, too. Multiple libraries is OK, but I need something
more than just MP3.

If there's nothing available for Python, does anyone know of a good C
library that could be wrapped? (Or used via ctypes, maybe).

Thanks,
Paul.
--
Ooh, how Gothic. Barring the milk.