VB-like GUI designer?

Olivier Thiery olivierthiery at free.fr
Mon Aug 9 15:05:14 EDT 2004

Hello,

> - Like wxGlade, Boa is based on wxWidgets, but doesn't seem to have a
> GUI builder. You just add widgets to a list, and I assume you have to

I'm afraid it's wrong: Boa does include a (pretty usable) GUI builder,
although it (oddly) better works on windows than linux. It handles even
sizers.

> set the coordinates and properties through code only. Also, Boa hasn't
> been updated since April 2003

Wrong again: the last official release is 0.2.3 (see sf.net), but you can
search google for a more recent downloadable 0.2.8 tgz.

Boa may seem difficult to understand at first, but the (short) doc is very
useful. You have to read it carefully first, especially the tutorial.

Olivier