What GCC version had <stdint.h> defined?

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Fri Aug 27 07:00:52 EDT 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Scott David Daniels wrote:

> The problem is, of course (Billy G is always a problem), that I am running
> on Win2K, so I don't run configure.in.  I have two copies of MinGW --
> one 2.95 (no stdint.h), and one 3.2.3 which does do stdint.h.
> These were not set up when whoever built windows 2.3.4 did so -- he or
> she did not know what was going to be on my disk after I downloaded and
> installed python.

In this context, stdint.h is not a part of gcc per se, but rather a
part of the MinGW development environment - in the same way that a lot of
other header files in MinGW's include directory are not part of the
standard gcc distribution.

If the module code in question can be built on Unixish platforms, ISTM
you should protect your special MinGW'isms with an #ifdef WIN32, to avoid
problems with Python installations built with configure.

The question that I think you are trying to ask is "which version of MinGW
introduced stdint.h", and then see if there's a define you can use...
(I don't know of one, but then I've only used MinGW 1.1 which contains gcc
2.95).

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au             (alt) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/               |        Australia