On consensus decision-making (was Re: Alternative decoratorsyntax - POLL RESULTS SO FAR - ARE WEDONE?)

Anthony Baxter anthonybaxter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 02:57:47 EDT 2004

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:06:08 -0700, Robert Brewer <fumanchu at amor.org> wrote:
> Funny, I was just thinking today about Brett, trying to hand off the
> summaries. But I concluded I'm 6 months to a year away from that in
> terms of being able to _accurately_ decipher the majority of pydev
> discussions. So your plot is working somewhat... ;)

You'd probably be suprised at how easy it is to pick up most things in
python-dev. One nice thing about the sanity of CPython's
implementation (e.g. the much-maligned GIL) is that it's remarkably
easy to follow. In addition, if there's things you're unsure about,
most python-devver's are amenable to answering emails saying "um, what
does this mean?"

I think Brett has admitted that doing the python-dev summaries has
resulted in his brain now being full of details about Python's
internals, which he didn't previously have. Of course, it's also
reduced him to a trembling wreck of a man, but hey, nothing's free...