would be nice: import from archive

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 17:28:19 EDT 2004

Dan Perl <dperl at rogers.com> wrote:
> Alright, alright!  And given the fact that it was added only in 2.3, that
> explains why I couldn't find any mention of the feature in 'Python
> Cookbook', the 1st ed.  I'm looking forward to seeing it mentioned in the
> 2nd ed. ;-)

If somebody submits a good recipe about it, I'll be overjoyed to add it
(not sure what chapter -- 'files'?  'system administration'?  'programs
about programs'? -- ah well, I'll find a spot!-).

In the 2nd Edition of the _Nutshell_, when THAT comes (don't hold your
breath!-), I'll write it up just like I will for all the new delights
since 2.2 -- but for the Cookbook I'm supposed to use recipes that
people do submit to the online cookbook site... OK, I and my co-editors
_do_ perform a lot of editing and merging, and occasionally do add a
recipe or three, but mostly it IS the book you all have written, with
over a hundred authors covering the subjects THEY think matter...

Alex