Announcing PyCs, a new Python-like language on .Net

Peter Kleiweg in.aqua.scribis at nl.invalid
Sun Aug 29 10:09:09 EDT 2004

Tom B. schreef:

> "Mark Hahn" <mark at prothon.org> wrote in message
> news:mailman.2572.1093751093.5135.python-list at python.org...

> > Please join the PyCs team.  The only effort involved is particpating in a
> > low-traffic, high-content, mailing list.  You will be able to influence
> the
> > design of the latest and greatest dynamic language.
> >
> > -- Mark Hahn, http://pycs.org
> >

> Python already does all the things that M*soft has tacked on in a kludgy
> way, in a beautiful pythonic way. I have been using windows based machines
> for a long time and in the language department (as well as others) M*soft
> has been superceded by the open source community.

Is there a real danger that MS will make its own version of
Python, pushing it into the market, and we end up with a
dominant version that only works with MS software?

--
Peter Kleiweg  L:NL,af,da,de,en,ia,nds,no,sv,(fr,it)  S:NL,de,en,(da,ia)
info: http://www.let.rug.nl/~kleiweg/ls.html

The Halloween Documents: http://www.opensource.org/halloween/