profiler

grv575 grv575 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 00:56:26 EDT 2004

does that flag just amount to adding -pg to the compile & link stages,
or is there more to it than that global change?  because I couldn't
get python to generate a gmon.out output file using a version of
python configured with the flag, but it did do so by just adding -pg
to OPTS and LDPATH I think it was.  But now it gives profiling output
but gprof dies with:

# gprof gmon.out
gprof: gmon.out: not in a.out format