Crypto.PublicKey.RSA.error: Plaintext too large

Ajay Brar abra9823 at mail.usyd.edu.au
Tue Aug 3 22:32:49 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:

> Ajay Brar wrote:
>
>> Peter Hansen wrote:

>>> Carriage Return/Line Feed problems?  Or trailing newline problems?
>>

>> thats what i am going to investigate now. But even if there were
>> trailing newline or carriage return characters, shouldn't the verify
>> return false instead of giving the error.
>

> I couldn't say, not having used that particular API.  What does
> the documentation say it should do?  Always return just True or
> False?  Does it not make reference to this type of error?
>
> -Peter

the documentation says verify should return true or false. it will
generate an error if plaintext is too large - which is not helping me much
i have pinned the problem down to the signature itself and the way i am
downloading it.
what i do is when a user clicks on a signature link, i calculate the
signature on the fly and then do
print "Content-type: application\n"
print signature
i am using content-type application to force explorer to give the
download dalog box (the application i am building will later be ported
to a pocket pc). Microsoft on their website said to put the header
that didn't work - i am yet to find out what i am doing wrong?
so any ideas on how i send the signature across and make the user
download it?

btw, are there other free Python cryptography packages?

thanks

cheers

--
Ajay Brar