Going the PL/1 way

Miklós nospam at nowhere.hu
Sun Aug 8 05:30:07 EDT 2004

"Dominic" <nomail at nospam.no> wrote in message
news:cf4ms8$30v$1 at news.uni-kl.de...

> > Yes, I'm thorougly annoyed with creeping featurism.
> Well, you need not use them in your own code.
> Define and enforce a subset like it is common in ADA.

I've got a faint idea that this "subset" approach greatly contributes to the
unpopularity of Ada.
Once a core feature is in place, you just cannot insulate yourself from
that.

> Some postings about @decorators remind me of that
> old farmer who only eats stuff he knows already.

And perhaps he might stay healthy longer than that young one who eats each
and every new nutriment and colourful shiny berries. <wink>

Cheers,
  Miklós