Larry Wall & Cults

Joe Smith Joe.Smith at inwap.com
Sun Aug 29 07:05:32 EDT 2004

jmfbahciv at aol.com wrote:

>>AND HOW MANY SPACES PER TAB STOP?
>
> Eight.  Now talk about indenting skip returns...that one
> required blood transfusions.  [emoticon looks at list of n.g.]
> I guess not many will understand.

I understand.
The style I used for PDP-10 macro assembly language was
   *) Indent two spaces for error return from subroutine or UUO (or jsys)
   *) Indent one space for instructions that skip or may skip.

The other point of contention was what to put between the opcode and
its arguments; space vs tab.  I had some TECO macros that would
undo the damage after pristine code had been munged by someone
not conforming to style.  :-)
	-Joe