allowing braces around suites

Andrew Durdin adurdin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 08:11:42 EDT 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:40:02 +0100, Michael Sparks
<michaels at rd.bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
> > what do you think?  should I write a PEP?

The whole topic of explicit[*] end-of-block markers was brought up and
discussed at great length in May 1994:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=9405061919.AA03028%40vicorp.com

(I was looking at the old archives of c.l.py to try and find info on
the origins of triple-quoted strings and docstrings, both of which
were born around April 1994)

Regardless of history, it looks to me like your problem could be
better solved by modifying your emacs mode to consider whitespace more
correctly -- AFAICT there is no reason why it should ever pick up the
logging line in your example and indent it to the same level as the
else: block.