Decorator syntax

paolo veronelli paolo_veronelli at yahoo.it
Sat Aug 7 17:15:58 EDT 2004

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 06:40:32 +1000, Anthony Baxter
<anthonybaxter at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 20:15:01 +0200, Reinhold Birkenfeld
> <reinhold-birkenfeld-nospam at wolke7.net> wrote:
>> But I fear that without a formal "voting" Python will go the pragmatic
>> way - that is, keep @ as it's already implemented.
>

> As I've said (repeatedly) - this isn't a popularity contest. The point
> is to
> produce the best technical result. If you have a better solution, put
> together
> a case for it, and convince Guido
wrong list for this

> Please, please - download a2. Try the decorator syntax out (or look at
> test_decorators, or the hopefully-finished-with-the-rewrite-soon PEP318
> (which I'll also post here) for examples.
There is no need to use a new syntax to appriciate it,it's only a syntax
we can read it.

> Anthony

If it has been simple to estabilish the use of the docstring (which I
don't use waiting (in vain ?) for a literate python) now
this story of decorators has nothing to do with a decoration of the
language.It's like we must learn a new way of reading our
favourite way of coding,and some of us don't understand why we must do
it,as this feature is not for making new things.
All in all:if it's only a new way of writing things they can already be
written,it's very normal every typer/reader want to express
his/her preference,mainly because wants to use it.
Every language has a sensual side,Python (and Ruby eheh) beats them all
and this battle shows the pride of loving it.

	Paolino
--
....lotta dura  per la verdura