age of Python programmers

Jim Sizelove sizelji at insightbb.com
Wed Aug 25 12:49:08 EDT 2004

> Lucas Raab wrote:
>
>> One thing I've always kind of wondered is what is the average age of a
>> Python programmer?? What age groups use Python??

I just turned 38 a few days ago.  Fell in love with programming in Basic
on an Apple ][ when I was about 15.  My interests went in other
directions during college (Philosophy, Religion, Peace and Global
Studies), and then other directions in my career (desktop publishing,
metal machining for the automotive industry).

I have gotten back into serious programming in the last five or six
years, using VB in my work, but dabbling in C, C++, Lisp, Java, Perl.
But Python has become my language of choice in the past several months.

Jim Sizelove