Decorator syntax (was Re: PEP 318 - PyFIT comments)

Nick Vargish nav+posts at bandersnatch.org
Fri Aug 6 10:04:59 EDT 2004

Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> writes:

> Why do you dislike it?

It has a negative impact on readability.

It's ugly.

It modifies a declaration outside the declaration.

It feels unpythonic.

Of course these are subjective responses, and my weighting of the
importance of these complaints may not match yours. From the comments
in this newsgroup, I don't have the feeling that I'm alone in some or
all of these criticisms.

Nick

--
#  sigmask  ||  0.2  ||  20030107  ||  public domain  ||  feed this to a python
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),' Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAcboefstobudi/psh?')