'break' Causes Execution of Procedure?

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Wed Aug 11 13:36:50 EDT 2004

Scott Brady Drummonds wrote:

> I have a bug in a script of several hundred lines of code that I cannot
> figure out.  I have attempted (unsuccessfully) to duplicate this problem
> in
> a smaller script that I can post here but have been unsuccessful.  As
> such, I'm posting code snippets here in the hopes that someone recognizes
> a very basic mistake I've made and can straighten me out.

Unfortunately you seem to have picked the wrong snippets, which by the way
look made-up. The only error I see

if key in skipList:

should probably be

if cycle in skipList:

The "most basic" error would be a print statement producing

> DEBUG: begin main procedure

sitting in a second place where it doesn't belong and isn't expected.

> How is it possible that the call to 'break' is seemingly being replaced
> with a call to 'main'?

Other than with a buggy C-extension that is not possible.

Peter