VB-like GUI designer?

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Thu Aug 12 14:33:47 EDT 2004

simo wrote:
> So how are you generating this interpreter/bytecode archive? It
> basically sounds like the kind of thing py2exe does, but you've made
> an object file or something. How did you calculate the dependencies?

It is all discussed in the presentation at
http://bitpim.org/papers/baypiggies

Slides 18 thru 23.  On Windows I use py2exe, Linux I use cxFreeze
and Mac uses BundleBuilder.

> I'm heading off to your site to see if you have the build environment
> in with the source ;o)

It is.  The simplest one is in the dotamatic source.  Look for a file
named makedist.py.  A more complicated variant of makedist.py is in
the BitPim source.

   http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/dotamatic
   http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/bitpim

(I can't give longer links as SF CVS stuff is down at the moment).

Roger