xmlrpclib

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Tue Aug 31 17:46:03 EDT 2004

Graeme Matthew wrote:
> What I am trying to establish is if the server is asynchronous i.e
> multi-threaded i.e what happens when 2 requests hit the server at
> once?

That depends which server you use.  The SimpleXMLRPCServer uses
the standard Python SocketServer stuff, so you can do it in
as many different ways as you want.

> I am trying to find other people who have used it successfully as
> most of my dev work is in python.

I use xml-rpc, but instead of over HTTP, I actually do it over
SSH (using the Paramiko library for the SSH).  It works well
for cross country/continent stuff.

In another project I just use the default one request at a time
handler in the Python xmlrpc server end.  The client is in PHP
running on the same machine.

Roger