Why I love python.

Nick Patavalis npat at efault.net
Fri Aug 13 08:47:54 EDT 2004

On 2004-08-13, Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> wrote:
> Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
>>
>> Its called type inferencing and since there is at least one working
>> implementation, it can't be THAT hard.
>
> That's actually the kind of thing that is planned for Python with
> Starkiller, however silly a project name that might be.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thing that starkiller produces
optimized code (i.e. native code) only if it can unambiguously
inference the types a-priori, and there are cases (in a dymanically
typed language like python) where this is impossible. In these cases,
I believe, starkiller does nothing. Are there any plans for treating
such cases? And how?

/npat