Image

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Aug 11 07:57:45 EDT 2004

Sheldon wrote:

> im = Image.fromstring('I', (81,81),array)
> gives the valueError: data not enough...
>
> The tutorial on Image leaves a lot to be desired.

the same can be said about your ability to cut and paste: the error message
is "not enough image data" and means exactly what it says.

(in other words, the "array" variable contains less than 81*81*4 bytes)

are you running this on Windows?  if so, you need to specify that the file
contains binary data when you open it:

        f = open(filename, "wb") # open for writing
        f = open(filename, "rb") # open for reading

see

    http://docs.python.org/lib/built-in-funcs.html#l2h-25

for more details.

</F>