Flython?

Ben Last ben at benlast.com
Mon Aug 16 15:06:06 EDT 2004

> From: python-list-bounces+ben=benlast.com at python.org
> [mailto:python-list-bounces+ben=benlast.com at python.org]On Behalf Of Mike
> Rovner
> OTOH, Flash bytecode is proprientary and may change "without
> notice", SVG is
> an open standard. Client machines spped is also tend to increase.
Not denying the open nature of SVG, but the Flash bytecode format is
effectively fixed by the huge installed base of browsers that have the Flash
controls that shipped with earlier versions of IE.  Not all of them have
upgraded by any means (I'm told by a Flash-authoring friend of mine).  Plus
the use of older Flash content on sites that haven't upgraded has forced
backwards compatibility on all recent updates to Flash.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programme of Python chat :)