Dynamic languages

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Aug 30 20:12:37 EDT 2004

Neuruss wrote:

> I've been reading an article published in E-Week entitled "Microsoft
> Lures Open-Source Programmer", which contains a definition for dynamic
> languages as follows:
>
> "Dynamic programming languages enable programs to change their
> structure as they run."
>
> I wonder if this definition is correct.
> Can we define dynamic languages this way?

Well, look at the source - it's journalism, and it's not meant to be
strictly accurate, merely sufficiently informative for the
mostly-uninformed.

I don't imagine e-Week would be interested in printing a retraction
should you find agreement on a definition in this group (which I suspect
is rather unlikely).

regards
  Steve