static class methods and data members

Lawrence Oluyede raims at dot.com
Wed Aug 18 18:20:44 EDT 2004

In data 18 Aug 2004 14:41:46 -0700, Neil Zanella ha scritto:

> It seems to me that
> any truly OO programming language should support these so I'm sure that Python
> is no exception, but how can these be defined/implemented in Python? Currently
> I have Python version 2.3 installed on my system.

Why are you sure? I've used static methods two or three times in Python,
anyway you can gain something similar with the aid of staticmethod
http://www.python.org/2.2.1/descrintro.html#staticmethods

--
Lawrence (l dot oluyede at virgilio dot it)
"If the implementation is hard to explain, it's a bad idea."