favorite python web development tool?

Anthony_Barker anthony_barker at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 23 13:53:01 EDT 2004

> > Have a look at mod_python 3.1 - I've found performance very good. I
> > benchmarked it against a commercial oversized J2EE app server and for
> > non complex app found it faster. It includes session handling and a
> > basic template system. However, you can use whichever templating
> > language you like with it. Cheetah is nice
>
> Hi Anthony,
>
> Did you compare it to SCGI, too?
> http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/scgi/
>
>  Thomas

No didn't test scgi. I mod_python found it slightly faster than
mod_php and hugely faster than zope and lotus domino. Didn't test
scgi.

Prefer to stick to the official apache project thinking that it will
be around longer. scgi does less than mod_python, so it may be quicker
- you should test it out.