Python indentation deters newbies?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Aug 17 08:40:30 EDT 2004

Antoon Pardon wrote:

> How about: that is how my tongue and brain are wired.

Sorry, such "explanations" are nothing more than
restatements of the original claim in different words.
They don't actually clarify the issue at all.  That's
why I called "I just don't" a cop-out.

Anyway, this is far removed from the (to me) interesting
question of why people apparently have negative reactions
to Python's use of indentation.  Some people have, in spite
of your claims that it's not possible, managed to produce
useful and interesting answers, and for that I thank them.
Please carry on about how it's not possible to provide
reasons for emotional reactions.  The rest of the world
will continue to flow on past.

We now return to the regularly scheduled flame war...

-Peter