Decorator syntax

Christopher T King squirrel at WPI.EDU
Thu Aug 5 16:07:46 EDT 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Istvan Albert wrote:

> The disagreement is caused by trying to achieve a lot of different
> things with one feature.
>
> Thus the solution that is emerging is to cram everything in
> front of the function definition.

Agreed!  Exactly!  Most of what people seem to want from decorators are
a way to specify function types, do type checking, and give functions
attributes / metadata.  As I've said before, these are seperable problems
and should be treated as such.  What little left over that can
benefit from general-purpose decoraters will likely not be enough to form
a major use case.