Xah Lee's Unixism

Ian Wilson scobloke2 at infotop.co.uk
Sat Aug 28 11:16:36 EDT 2004

David Schwartz wrote:

> <ctcgag at hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:20040827135423.154$1T at newsreader.com...
>

>>"David Schwartz" <davids at webmaster.com> wrote:
>

>>>    I don't follow you at all. I think you'll find the most useful,
>>>meaningful complaints about, say, a Ford Explorer from the people who
>>>drive one every day.
>

>>And if they continue to drive one everyday, perhaps you would conclude
>>that their complaints are insincere.
>

>     That's a load of crap.
>
>     DS

You're both right but ...

Xah Lee: "I'm starting my own cult to exterminate morons on
this earth.  Two things are on the top of my agenda: Unixism and Perl."

Pascal Bourguignon: <Xah Lee's website runs on Linux, a Unix-like OS>

Is more like

Joe Blow: I'm going to exterminate all morons who drive a Ford Explorer.

Fred Bloggs: But Joe, you drive a Ford Explorer!

Rather than

Joe Blow: Ford Explorers are a little bit expensive to service and the
doors squeak after a couple of years.

Fred Bloggs: Thanks for the tip Joe, I see you drive one, so you should
know.