urllib hangs

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Aug 24 00:50:33 EDT 2004

Jay Donnell wrote:

> I found this link
> http://www.timo-tasi.org/python/timeoutsocket.py
> which I'm assuming is the most recent version of timeoutsocket.py
>
> It's very light on the explanatory side. Do I simply need drop this
> file into the same directory as my script, import it, and set the
> timeout???

At the risk of getting beaten up by you for the same reason
you beat up Baalbek (which was, by the way, a wholly unjustified
beating), have you actually looked at the comments in that
module yet?  It does say exactly what you need to do...

(Feel free to beat me up, but note that it really does look
like you aren't taken even a few minutes to help yourself out,
so please consider not abusing those who are helping you,
even if they are a little brusque in their replies...)

-Peter