age of Python programmers

mensanator at aol.com mensanator at aol.com
Wed Aug 18 16:17:44 EDT 2004

Lucas Raab wrote:
> One thing I've always kind of wondered is what is the average age of
> Python programmer?? What age groups use Python?? Something to think
> about....

50. Python appreciation is probably proportional to age.
I can't top the stories from the guys with the relays, but ...

Saw an Apple ][ in a computer store in fall '77, but couldn't
afford to buy one until Feb '78. In anticipation, I got the
classic book "Basic BASIC" and learned BASIC on a GA SPC-16.

My first real program was based on the card game "Nuclear War".
Trouble was, it had to be played on a teletype.