Why I love python.

kosh kosh at aesaeion.com
Fri Aug 13 16:21:34 EDT 2004

On Friday 13 August 2004 2:19 pm, Nick Patavalis wrote:
> On 2004-08-13, kosh <kosh at aesaeion.com> wrote:
> > Why is there a need for a stand alone executable? At least on all the
> > unixes whether something is executable is just determined by the
> > executable bit on the file. I can execute a python program just as
> > transparently as one in compiled c, c++,  etc. I really don't see the
> > point of that.
>
> Perhaps you target system has no Python environment installed. And
> perhaps it has no resources to have a complete python environment
> installed (appart from the fact that it might not need one). Don't
> think of your 2GHz / 512MB desktop. Think of your cell-phone.

Cell phones should be cell phones not multifunction device that can run all
kinds of apps, need virus scanners etc. I don't want my cell phone to run
python, java, ruby, c# etc etc. I want it to just be a telephone and do that
job well. Most of the modern cell phones are crap if you want all of that
stuff get a pda and get a virus scanner for it.