Percentage matching of text

Oleg Paraschenko usenet at datahansa.com
Mon Aug 2 07:32:54 EDT 2004

Hello Bruce,

Bruce Eckel <BruceEckel at MailBlocks.com> wrote in message
news:<mailman.958.1091195562.5135.python-list at python.org>

> What I'd like to do is find an algorithm that produces the results
> of a text comparison as a percentage-match.
> Does anyone know of an algorithm or library that would do this?
> Thanks in advance.

  I suggest you to look at my software, GetReuse and its SDK:

http://getreuse.com/
http://getreuse.com/sdk/

  The formula for the calculation of the similarity is based on the
scientific research. Any other "good" method of calculations should
produce results that are equivalent in some terms to the GetReuse
results. I have not wrote a paper yet; the formula is a improvement
of the formula from http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~mli/sid.ps . Unfortunately,
I froze the project but the current code is tested and should work well.

> Bruce Eckel
> Bruce at EckelObjects.com

  Regards, Oleg