building python extensions for windows : python23_d.lib file is missing

Antoine Maillard antoinemaillard at free.fr
Mon Aug 2 05:34:55 EDT 2004

Hi
We're looking to make our own python modules for windows Python 23.
We use swig and Visual Studio C++ for making the dlls. But when trying to
compile, it says it's been missing a "Python23_d.lib" file.
According to the tutorial we did
(http://www.geocities.com/foetsch/python/extending_python.htm#abstract),
it's a problem with the fact we use the release version of python and not a
débug version.
But we don't know how to go through this (perhaps recompiling a debug
version ... but we don't know how to do).
Did someone get this problem and walk throug it ?
Thanks for your help
Antoine Maillard & André Garenne