SockerServer.TCPServer problem

Jeremy Jones zanesdad at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 17 10:49:39 EDT 2004

huy wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Can someone explain why this bit of code can't keep up with some java
> code which spawns about 200 (threads) simultaneous connections each
> sending about 10 mesgs each. I basically don't get the 2000
> connections i expect on the python side. I end up with some number
> very close on different runs eg. 1989, 1972, 1992 etc.

<snip>

(Sorry if I post this twice - I'm trying out a new mail client.)

You may want to try using the ThreadingTCPServer class rather than
TCPServer.  Just change this line:

>    msg_server = SocketServer.TCPServer(("", LISTENING_PORT), PDAHandler)

to this:

   msg_server = SocketServer.ThreadingTCPServer(("", LISTENING_PORT),
PDAHandler)

BTW - how are you tracking how many connections you have open with the
Python server?  It may be that the process accepts the connection, puts
them into a queue to be handled, and waits for the deals with them as it
can.  Or is the 2000 the total number of connections that the 200
threads produce over the whole run (each making 10 connections)?

Jeremy Jones