Does python support multi prototype.

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Aug 4 23:08:28 EDT 2004

Jorgen Grahn wrote:

> Your code was kind of elegant, but kind of misses the point with
> overloading, I think.  At least, it's not anything I'd want to do in most
> situations where overloading would have been nifty in C++.  IMHO.

Okay, fair enough.  Would you be able to describe any situation
in which you have found overloading to be useful in C++.  (Note,
not merely nifty, but useful?)  In my experience, most of the
cases where I used it in C++ were actually cases of poor design
and should have been done differently, in hindsight.

-Peter